eXmark yanked from dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kaufmaninc, Sep 30, 2003.

1. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

a local Big R has had the line for 1 whole year. They also have echo, stihl, tanaka, little wonder and many more great lines. Next thing ya know, they up and pulled the distributorship. I'm still trying to find out why??? I'm sure it was for a good reason. I wasn't impressed really impressed with the shop.

They moved it to our local Bobcat dealer. Go figure! I went and visited them and they were totally clueless. Now..for me I really don't need the help. I get that from everyone here, including eXmark as a sponsor. What are they going to do If someone want to trade? Now you'll have to go to other stores to get your supplies instead of a one stop shop. Again, must've been a good reason.

It makes me ponder how many sales they could've gained if they had a really good dealer? We do have an excellent one and not sure why they didn't offer it to them? They have wright, kubota, JD & Toro. Service department is top notch. You walk into the place and it makes you want to do business with them. That's the kind of place I like.

What do y'all think?

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

funny how these companies are.when i worked for a jd dealership they couldn't sell anything but jd equipment.thats what jd wanted in there contract.when me and my father were going to start a power equipment biz bobcat didn't want us if we were going to sell exmark.giant vac would only join up if we sold there brand leaf loaders and not billygoat.plus these companies wanna make sure your going to give them a good size part of the show room.if you have a small place you will be lucky if you get any of the above names.plus your parts shop and service have to be good also