exmark Z KAW OR KOHLER

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ace56320, Jan 22, 2002.

1. ace56320

ace56320 LawnSite Member

WHAT ENGINE DO YOU THINK I SHOUD GET ON MY LAZER Z 60". THE 25HP KOHER, THE KAWASAKI 25HP, OR THE KAWASAKI 27 HP LIQID COOL. THE KOHLER IS THE LEAST EXPENSIVE, THE KAW 25 IS $200 MORE AND THE KAW 27 LIQUID IS 1100 MORE YET. THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Boy-oh-boy, there must be 1000 posts on this topic alone!!! Do a search, this exact question has been answered many times as well.

I have the 27LC 60" Lazer. I love it! Thats what I would recommend 1st.
    Then in decending order....

26hp EFI EPS injected Kohler

25hp Kawasaki

25hp Kohler

Any less HP, and your running into problems in thick stuff. Thats where I'll stop.

Good Luck

3. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

ACE in response to your question. My choice would be Kawasaki hands down. The features and benefits of Kawasaki engines greatly exceed what little cost factor is involved. Power, torque, and proven success in the field. My choice, Kawasaki. Ask your area engine dealers that sell both and see what he says. Remember, Kawasaki now has a 29hp EFI. I dont know if exmark has it yet. Look around at lawn shows, including Louisville, and you will see a growing number of OEM's are now using Kawasaki. As for air or liquid cooled? The choice is yours. Liquid engines do tend to run much longer before needed repairs.