Exmark/Zero Turn Lifts?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zilla24, Jul 2, 2008.

1. zilla24

zilla24 LawnSite Member

Just throwing this out there to see what everyone does to get access underneath the deck on their zero turns. I have a Lazer Z and have not found a good place to put a jack under it, right now I drive it up on ramps but it is somewhat time consuming and hard to access underneath the deck with the ramps I have. I am considering building a custom set of ramps with a steeper angle so i have more access under the deck but I figured I'd see what else is out there.

Any ideas??

2. LawnSharks

LawnSharks LawnSite Senior Member

One of my guys came up with a pretty easy solution. We cut a treated 4 x 4 a little wider than the overall width of the front wheel mounts. It fits perfectly between the top of the deck and the wheel arms. Place a floor jack (we use a HD 24" top out) anywhere on the 4 x 4, scotch the wheels and you can really stand it up. Makes blade removal and spindle checks a breeze.
    Hope this helps, sure works for us!

3. flykelley

flykelley LawnSite Member

I use a engine hoist to get under my deck. I run a chain through the frame where my feet rest, and hoist it up. Its quick and easy and the hoist was just sitting in a corner not getting use much.

Regards Mike

4. LuckhardtLawnService

LuckhardtLawnService LawnSite Member

Ya my way of changing blades, scraping is about the same as flykelley. We attach a large chain to a beam in the ceiling of the barn and then just let it hang, we then attached two straps for safety purposes to the deck and two of us pull one strap to raise the deck, it will only work on a Z if you have two people strong enough to lift the deck though.. One person usually can not do this alone. Now the walk behind 60 inch exmarks the two straps are quick and simple. Best way ive found thats cheap and quick. You could always use a winch.. Good Luck

5. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

same here...engine hoist:weightlifter:

6. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

i do the same but i use a belt with some jack stands so i dont hurt the customers paintjob, the jack stands are for......... well you know, allways use stands right?

8. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Use the gate of your trailer....run left front wheel up the right side of your gate. U can get the right and center blade. Run it up the left side of the gate to get the left blade. I find its faster then using the jack made for the ztr's......:usflag:

9. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Jungle Jack.

Oldtimer

10. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member

jungle jack....need say more.