Exmark ZTR Deck Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dupontcar, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Dupontcar

Dupontcar LawnSite Member

Just a quick question to Emark owners. What is the difference in the Ultracut deck and the TriVantage deck. Has anyone used both? Any difference in cut quality? Pros or cons. I did a search and did not find enough info on comparing them.

Thank you,

David

2. Dupontcar

After doing some further searching I have found more info on the two decks. Any comments would still be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    David

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

First thing, What model mower are you looking at? You cant get the ultracut on some models and you cant get the try on some models.
    John

4. Dupontcar

Thanks for the reply John. I just got a Exmark Lazer HP23/52 with the trivantage deck this summer. I was reading about the Ultracut Deck in another post and I noticed it was not even an option available on my mower. Curious why that was and what the real difference in decks are.

Just learning and educating myself here on my favorite website. Thank you for the replies.

David

5. John Gamba

from ct

There reason is you wont have alot of hights to cut. The deck is deeper and it does cost more to make. My experience with both is the ultracut will handle deeper grass better (But not by much) and you can mow a little faster.
    The try deck will cut weeds better and the 52 does discharge better then the 60".
    I just got the 04 23/52" and i like it alot. All i ever had was the fuel injected lazers and the Turf Tracers. So this is alot smaller but its kinda Fun.
    John

6. Dupontcar

Thanks for the info John. I am very happy with my cut quality. Great little mower.

David

7. John Gamba

from ct

I'll let you know how the meg-mo blades do. I hope by the time i get them we still have grass to cut. I missed them the other day when it was wet. I know how they do on leaves and i'm looking forward for that :waving:
    John

8. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

the tri-vantage deck is 5" deep and the Ultra-Cut is 5.5. I have found the Ultracut deck bags bets, the tri-vantage mulches better. The ultra cut is also built a bit heavers, more reinforcements