Exmark ZTR Pricing Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrianK, Jun 12, 2001.

1. BrianK

BrianK LawnSite Member

I am thinking about purchasing a new Exmark Lazer Z HP, but I have a few questions about the price. We went and looked at a dealer this weekend, and he had multiple Lazer Z mowers, and one Lazer Z HP. The Lazer Z's all had larger engines, and bigger mowing decks, yet were all priced less than the Lazer Z HP.

The HP we were looking at was a 52" 23 horsepower model. The Lazer Z's all had 60" decks, and engines larger than 23 horsepower.
    How can this be? I was really confused as to why they would be less expensive.

I am looking at the 48" 21 horse Z HP. The price they quoted was $7214. Is this in the right ballpark? Can someone explain the Exmark pricing policies?

Thanks for all info.

Brian

2. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

I purchased a new 2000 Lazer HP 48" 18HP last year for around 6700.00, this included sales tax.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

My local Exmark dealer has the Lazer Z 60" with 23 Kaw for $6600.00. The difference is in how many your local dealer buys and how many he wants to sell. My local dealer bought 30 Lazers and then another 12. He sells them quicker than he can get them in. He may not be making as much money on each one as a dealer who sells them for $7200.00 but he making up for it in volume. He also has more people walking through the door to buy trimmers, blowers and other tools. I went with a friend of mine to pick up his new Lazer last week and I bought a Shindaiwa T-230 while I was there. But at $219.00 who can resist. He buys trimmers by the pallet loads.

4. BerksLawn

BerksLawn LawnSite Member

Check out www.alamia.com they have the same for 6,495.00 with free shipping

5. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

If you buy online do they come assembled?

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

THATS HIS PRICE BEFORE DICKERING WHICH HE EXPECTS. TAKE HIM A COPY OF THIS THREAD AN TELL HIM YOU REALLY RATHER BUY FROM HIM IF HE CAN GET CLOSER . SELL THE FACT THAT YOULL BE A REGULAR ETC.
    IF HE IS A GOOD SUPPORT DEALER THEY CAN BE PRICELESS.I ALWAYS TRY TO LET HIM SEE THE VALUE OF ME OUT THERE TALKING HIS MACHINES UP.
    THAT REALLY IS A VALUE IN SALES TO HIM. GOOD LUCK.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. These prices are WAY too much.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got the HP 52" with 23 kawi for $6800. Don't waste your money on anything smaller. They are slower and you lose inches. The 44 and 48" runs slower, and the 52" runs 9.5 mph. Great for subdivision lawns and larger properties.

9. BrianK

BrianK LawnSite Member

Thanks for everyones advice.

I purchased a new Lazer Z HP 48" with a 21 horse Kawasaki last weekend. I got a decent price, but the people I bought it from were extremely nice and easy to work with. He delivered it for free and we live quite a ways away from his store. He serviced everything before delivering it, and filled it up with gas on the way.

I was really glad I found this dealer. I was amazed by the other dealers that I went to. They all acted like I was bothering them by asking them questions and wanting to try one out. Thankfully, we found a great dealer.

I have used it for a day and love it.

Thanks again.

Brian