exmark ztr with 46'' triton deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassmasterB, Jan 23, 2006.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i was just at the exmark dealer today looking at the new mowers. i noticed that the new decks are 46,50,and i think the other was 56. replacing the 44,48, and 52. since i was the first in my area to buy the 26'' i'm now reluctant to buy something with a new design. has anyone used these new decks? they tell me there are two adjustable baffles now. one on the front of the deck and one on the discharge side(i guess similar to toros turbo force deck) to adjust for grass type. so i'm just looking for any feedback before i buy a 46'' in february at the dealers open house.

2. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I hope they are as good as the ultracut deck, I am getting another 72" xs with the 35 briggs the end of March.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

That will be one bad machine...

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Why would they make a 46'' mowing deck? Just to make it impossible to get aftermarket blades for awhile I guess.

5. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

maybe more money for the dealer for the time being selling replacement blades since its going to be a odd ball size

6. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I know one thing with all these new deck designs im ordering two spare sets of blades for my old Tri-vantage, because they will be obsolete soon, and the dealer will have to order them and take 2 weeks, and I usually need them NOW!

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, the switch to the 46" just seems stupid.

The 50" and 56" I can see totally.

As a matter of fact, I'm just floored that no one else but me has taken notice to the 27/56 Lazer HP. It's not really a compact mower anymore, but judging from my experience and opinions, I'm betting this will be the best Lazer HP made to date by far.

The 50" has a chance of turning out OK too if they don't screw up the layout of the machine they are mounting it on.

8. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

In consideration of an upgrade I looked at this machine, but decided against it because the 56" deck and the 9.5 MPH ground speeds of the HP were just too slow for my larger accounts. If I didn't have large accounts that required a 60" + deck and faster ground speeds, I would have looked harder at the 27/56 Lazer HP. It would have been about ideal for all of my other properties.