1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tlcservices, Feb 1, 2002.

1. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

I just got my Pro mag today,on the back cover they show an eXmark mowing. The path behind it seems odd,very odd tire tracks ,stripe on left blade. My clients will not have that type of cut. For over $ 10,000 dollars i eXpect a perfect cut. I just am wondering if any one else has these eXpectations.
  2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

How on earth can you judge the quality of a cut from a black and white picture on a magazine?:confused: I have it in front of me. It looks like a typical stripe to me. You can barely even see the stripe because the picture is not in color.
  3. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

black and white is sharper than color. Sorry, not trying to argue but its true
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Its a shadow. Look at it in relation to the shadow on the fence.
  5. Lawn Dog2001

Im not trying to argue either. You cant look at that picture and give a fair judgment on how a Lazer cuts. It is only a picture of one stripe. If you really want to see how one cuts, go to a dealer and demo one. Im sure some one on LawnSite can show you a picture of a lawn cut with a Lazer.

I personally dont own a Lazer. I have seen them in action, and I have never thought they give a poor cut. I just think its unfair to judge from that picture.
  6. 60" Lazer, not the best lawn or pic, but you get the picture.

It's cut and striped well.

7. In Black and White

8. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

It's just an add for a lawnmower.
    I can't get past the guy on the front cover that is driving that POS lazer with one anti-scalp wheel missing and the deflector chute all bent to hell. Their is another photo on page 5 that shows more. What a turd box, sick part is the guy does $1.2 million in sales. I think when spring gets here I'm gonna drive my lazer into a tree a couple times and never wash it, hopefully my sales will go up then. :confused:

I don't know if any of you get the magazine Landscape Management, but there is a picture on the back cover of a Bunton mower and the picture is the bottom of their deck. Well, in the front center where the deck meets and is welded together in a v shape, right where the center anti-scalp roller is, the fricken' deck isn't even close to lining up where it is welded. If anyone has the magazine they'll know what I'm talking about. Real good quality control on that deck, not.
  9. Lawn Dog2001

I dont know. Black and white or color, it looks pretty damn good to me.:D