exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by awm, Jun 11, 2002.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

this post is not meant to offend .
    pure speculation on my part.
    now toro ,put the desighners
    and final say men at exmark ,back in charge of the exmark . toro people didnt desighn what i think is one of the finest mower lines,to ever come out. toro is a strong company. but the truth is exmark made somethin just a little better. u own it now. but your minds didnt creat it. just a thought. okay toro owners fire back ,but this was not directed at the machines or users . also not meant to be anythging but speculative ,mabe helpful criticism.since the post concerns nothing but my take on it. i probably wont be answering other post. but hustler and others are really showing some real
    drive for the future.jmho

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I kind of believe they didnt want to mess it up the way they did Wheel Horse. So they decided to let a good thing be.

3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

Why is this post confusing to me? I don't understand what you are getting at!

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think what he is trying to say is Toro bought Exmark and decided to let them do their own thing as long as Exmark continues to make Toro money. If you have ever worked in a corporate enviroment you would know that although Toro owns Exmark they are operated as 2 seperate entities and they are in direct competition with one another. Exmark makes a lot of Toro's commercial mowers and they charge Toro for them.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

u are right scott,but change is constant and necessary. i am reminded of snappers bread an butter ffor so many yrs the rear engine comet.a great machine,but snapper resisted new technology to long. imho
    wow that was fast
    scott i dontknow if u realize it but u are seconding my opinion,if u read it again.
    this ole aw and every body knows he gonna say what he thinks.. so if u agree its fine w me and if u dont ,still fine w me.
    shoot i wouldnt make another day ,if i wasnt a little crazy.:)

6. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

In this case though I think the techonolgy the best of it lies with Exmark. At least thats how I see it. Although on the walkbehinds I still perfer the T-Bar on my TExmark over the ECS but thats just my perference.

7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Put a Flex-Deck on an eXmark WB - here is what you have - see us at Louisville-
    [​IMG]

52-between post.jpg

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

richard i know thats what the official wd is . but also know theirs somebody at toro with bottum line final say.i hope what u said is right .
    dont know why tho ,im not on the payroll.its just i like to watch smart,
    possibly genius minds at work . thats what i think i saw at exmark for a while.
    thats how i know where to invest my money. lets see at 3 .00 per share ,i can buy 2 share this wk.:)

9. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

AWM hits the mark!! Toro folks have the bottom line focus and the bean counters ALWAYS win in the end. When I was in the corporate world I experienced several "mergers". What you see now is not what will last. Exmark will operate independently only as long as they provide the required return on investment to Toro. This is neither good or bad, it just is. JD

10. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

True, eXmark designers still design their mowers.
    True, eXmark has all the good ideas.

But with the explosion of production, Toro is handling much of the actual manufacturing/assembly.