exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by draftlawncare, Apr 4, 2004.

1. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

just bought my first exmark lazer z pick it up monday cant wait to see how it stacks up to my gravely i will be a grass mowing fool now

2. dart2cut

dart2cut LawnSite Member

what type of gravely did/do you have?

3. draftlawncare

i have a pro master 300 and a gravely 260z both 60 inch and 25 hp kohlers and a 50 inch 14 hp kaw w/b

4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Were/are you unhappy with the 260z?

5. draftlawncare

no no 260z is one hell of a mower the deal i got on the exmark is just something you dont pass up gonna hurt the wallet though $1300 per month for 5 months btw the promaster is 4 sale b/o 790 hours

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you tell us if you like the hydro deck lift or do you like the foot lift better?? When you get sometime on it. Congratulation!!!

7. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Exactly which model of Exmark did you buy ? And did you pay down $1300 and make 5 payments of $1300 for a total of $7800 ?

If you are paying $7800 - that is about the normal retail price of a Gravely 260 Z, with 27 hp. Kohler, or 25 Kawasaki. Plus - Gravely currently is offering 12 months same as cash , with no down payment. That is a year, with NO interest , and NO payment to make !!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Is your promaster 300 the long rider? I have that same machine. If it is, there is just no comparison in that cut and the cut of the Lazer. The 260 is a great machine though, too. You will be one of the few that will be able to do an actual long-term comparison.

9. draftlawncare

SAm i paid $6500 for the exmark z mower 6o inch cut 27 hp kohler and no i did not put anything down on the mower . Around here the gravely 260 z 27/60 sell for $8700 Runner yes the pro 300 is the long rider i hate that mower thats the mower i started the business with its been a good mower cuts decent .great for getting under fences and shrubs just wears you out from bouncing around all day on that piss poor design of a seat and having the bull horn ripped from your hands when you hit a rut with the drive tires

10. draftlawncare

John i like the hydro lift alot better than the foot lift going to start mowing on tuesday so i cant really say much about the exmark right now. i did play with it in my yard it leaves a sweet cut and has plenty of power i do think the gravely is a more comfortable mower though