Exmark21 aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Scott's Lawn Maintenance, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile DeviceAnyone own one of these yet and how do you like it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

I own the Lawn Solutions version of it. A good little machine. Hydro has changed aeration.

3. Scott's Lawn Maintenance

Scott's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

How would it compare to the turfco xt5 aerator. One thing I like about the new exmark is that it has a kawasaki engine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never seen the Turfco live. I would say they are similar in function and performance. I would compare the engines, price and whatever incentives may be available and make your choice. I have owned mine for a few years now and it has been very productive and proven dependable (Briggs engine). I am partial to the Exmark. Others here probably to Turfco. There are owners of both here. Maybe more will chime in.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I run the XT5 and I like it. Being able to back up and turn with the tines in the ground is a plus. However the machine is still work, you will still work up a lather. I would say effort is 25% less than a Ryan type old fashioned aerator. You also pick up some efficiency with a hydro unit as well.

6. champyards

champyards LawnSite Member

I just picked up my Exmark 21" (S-Series)...love it so far. Turning and reversing with tines engaged works great and makes for way less work than others I have operated. The biggest advantage though is the transport capability. With the self propelled front tires I can run this up ramps into the back of my truck (by myself) if I don't feel like hauling a trailer. It's top speed seems a bit slow with the tines engaged, but the ability to turn and reverse easily makes up for it, making it faster than any other aerator I have used.

7. champyards

Still loving this thing after a month packed full of aerations...

8. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

9. champyards

It will run you $3400-3700 depending on your dealer
    Posted via Mobile Device