Exmark26

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N&CLandscaping, Aug 21, 2006.

1. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Is $1500 a good price for a Exmark 26?

2. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

I would not pay 50 cents for one. I have one, it is a $1350 paperweight. Stay away from this machine!!! It is just not good.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I only did a short demo but it was enough to realize this machine is just too darn heavy. I definitely won't pay $1500 for one. I would put the money towards a 32" WB, even if it was a Billygoat.

4. turfstar

turfstar LawnSite Member

horticulturedawg,

if you have a first year machine, give your dealer a call, there is help available. this product has been significantly redesigned and upgraded in many ways. your dealer should help to find a solution for you.

turfstar

5. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

$1489 is what you will find dealer selling them for. That is exmark's sale price.

There was a problem with the first make of them last year. We have sold 12 of them this year and had 0 issues aside from readjusting controls once belts and cables wore in.

Yes this machine is obviously BIG, and HEAVY. If you don't realize that when you are looking at it before you buy it, then there's something wrong:dizzy:

2 of my customers have returned this year to pick up some oil and such.

Said it did exactly what I suggested it would do when I sold it to them. Cut their time down significantly.

1 commercial guy who uses it to cut 6 lawns in 1 neighborhood said it saved him about 2 hours on his route for that day.

A home owner who normally spends about 2.5-3 hours to cut his lawn said he has it done in under 2 hours, which he could never do with the 21.

The thing is with the high blade tip speed, this machine can cut at a faster pace.

For those who say it's under powered....it's bull.

6. quiet

quiet LawnSite Senior Member

I've noticed your comments have been very positive on the 2nd year build of this machine.

7. horticulturedawg

horticulturedawg LawnSite Member

You get used to the machine being big and heavy...hey, this is manual labor. I just know that my Metro 26 is a piece of junk. Took it back to my dealer...insisted they buy it back through the buy back program they had which is now expired...however nobody called to let me know anything about it..thanks exmark...
    Dealer said they would try to fix it again, I have long given up on this machine, exmark or my dealer to make it right. I got screwed by a lazy dealer (aren't they all) and by a manufacturer who used me to test their machine. I can now get almost all the parts I need off the Internet...Can't wait till we can buy mowers too. Get a better price and work on them myself...do a better job than 99.9 percent of dealers' mechanics.
    Bottom line, nobody cares. They only want my money. Hey, I have other exmark mowers...most are decent. anyway, beating a dead horse, or dead mower...I feel better...I just hate getting the shaft