1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark's demo policy?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Green Pastures, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What EXACTLY is Exmark's demo policy?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Good question. The demo policy can vary by distributor and dealer. In a general sense, most all Turf Star dealers will have units available to demo. Some smaller dealers may not have demo units. Often times distributor sales representatives have demo units that they use to support both Turf Star dealers and smaller dealers. Distributors have the liberty to implement and conduct their demo program as they see fit. Therefore, Exmark does not publish a specific demo program policy. We communicate the financial portion and general guidelines of compliance w/ the program. It's really up to the distributor on how they want to structure their dealer demo program. I would urge you to visit w/ your dealer about program details.

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott, a good distributor will be able to get you virtually any unit you want to demo. There have been a few instances where my dealer didnt have what I wanted to demo so the distributor rep came and dropped off a unit. In most cases, Ive been able to twist their arm into letting me keep units for a week but I think that is more of a rarity than a rule.