Exmarks new cutting platform...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Furg21, May 31, 2006.

1. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

right from the get go my exmark has been leaving streaks of grass uncut... is anyone else having or had this problem?

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

If it was me I would'nt be on here talking about it...I'd be at the dealer bitchin'. You pay that kind of money for a new machine and its leaving uncut grass I'd be pissed.

3. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Right on!!!!!!! The machine, im sure, has a lot a capability, just gotta fine tune it.

4. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

it is at the dealer. they are fine tuning it but i just wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Go read in the exmark forum, I and others have been complaining about the same thing. Mine is going to the dealers tomorrow and I'm getting their demo unit to see if there's a difference in cut or if it's just mine.

The thing is though, no ones really sure what the problem is because up until now, no one has complained about it. That's what has me worried, there's no game plan for after I find out if it's just mine that is cutting bad or if it's both. It's up in the air as to how to fix it.

6. Distorted

Distorted LawnSite Gold Member

My 66" XS 31hp Vanguard cuts great.

7. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

well i got a 66'' 31hp xs demo today and it did the same thing...so i took it back got last years model with the ultra cut deck and it cut great

8. grnkeepers

grnkeepers LawnSite Member
    from midwest

Check the idler pulley in the deck.
    Without proper grease they do not float correctly. This will allow the belt to slip some when under load like heavy grass.

I had one new one that was binding some and my in-house mechanic loosened up the retaining bolt and it has worked fine since!

Just an FYI.

9. Furg21

Furg21 LawnSite Member

its leaving streaks in all types of grass though, thick , thin, tall, short doesnt matter. dealers baffled and so is the distributor. does it at all speeds

10. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Blind leading the blind right now and it's pizzing me off. Not at my dealer because like he said, they were never informed or had classes/demo's on the units to be shown what to do in situations like this. I'm pizzed at the fact that they brought out a deck that isn't doing good in all regions of the country and no one has a clue what to do with it. Now I have this even bigger POS demo to use until something is done with my mower, of which no one had any idea what the problem is. (yes I'm disgruntled, everything has been going wrong this week)

:dizzy: