Exmarks new engine lineup...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Sep 12, 2000.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark has told me that they are coming out with an XP line of Lazers with 27hp LC Daihatsu Diesel, 31hp LC Daihatsu Gas. Also it was stated that a 27hp LC Kawasaki would be available on (I guess) standard Lazers. This is all exciting news that without the internet, would not be circulating. Anyone have any more info on these machines as they seem to be the answer to the Kohler monopoly madness!! Now if Exmark would just use Engine and Trans. coolers like a Dixie and a little more speed...watch out!

2. Turf Kutter

Turf Kutter LawnSite Member

Wow are they going to rocket their buisness even more with that.They will get their name out there even more and maybe a few more dealers everywhere.:)

3. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are all liquid cooled, with a hefty price tag!! I used the 31 hp 72 inch laser the other day. Nice ride, smooth cutting and surprisingly quiet. the 31 is suppose to run about 12,000 and the diesel is 500 more.

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I won't spend that much money...I can replace alot of Kohlers with the price difference!!!

5. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

You won't want the weight, either!

1520lbs! Please, what were they thinking?

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

As I said in another post, that does seem heavy. My diesel Chopper only weighs 1200 lbs, which is 300 more than the gas Choppers at 900 lbs.

7. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

Those are marketed against the Scag "SABRE" tooth tiger.

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lazer,

Was that 1520lbs. for the 60" or 72" XP series? That is heave for a 60" but not that bad. Its actually a little light for a 72" machine. A 72" Dixie Chopper Yanmar Diesel machine tops out at 1700 lbs! I had a John Deere F935 that weighed 1757lbs! Boy did that thing sink into septic tank fields!!!

Also $12,500 for a Diesel 72" is CHEAP! A 72" Diesel Dixie is $16,000 +/- !! So I think that they are on there way to not being able to meet demand for these new Exmarks. Lets hope they keep those prices down.

9. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought Eric said his DC diesel weighs 1200 lb.

60" vs. 72" is less than 50lbs.

10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lazer,

On the Dixie page it lists 1200lbs for a 60" 26hp Diesel, and 1700lbs.!! for the 72" 41.4hp Diesel. My friend has a 72" Dixie Diesel and is agravated at its poor cut and turf ripping weight. He's in line for Replacing his lineup with the new Exmark XP's this winter.