Exmarks new engine lineup...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Careful what you say Dixie1. Eric might delete your post for preaching con-dixie. LOL> Just jokin eric. I am curious as well what the final weight will be on the exmark being as how it is usually soggy up here in the Northwest. I was thinking about trying to change my tires over to those tires that Eric has on his machine. They look like they would have less problem getting stuck (Spinning out on wet grass) than does my current Exmark factory tires.

Have a good one yall.
    Acute Cut

2. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

Had my Lazer Z on the scale today. It's a full size(not HP) with a 52" deck and 18 hp Kohler. With me on it it weighed in at 1210. I weigh 200. Just thought I'd share that since we're discussing weights. I can't imagine having a machine that weighed almost twice what mine does, on a lawn. Maybe they plan to put some really wide tires on it. :) Distribute some of that weight.

3. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

You're correct, wide tires alleviate the ground pressure.

But, PSI isn't the concern.

Starting, stopping and TURNING that much weight is what slows you down.

On large, open turf that's no prob, but in office parks, heavily landscaped areas and residential sites, all that extra weight is a manueveability disadvantage.

4. Doug406

Doug406 LawnSite Member

Exactly Lazar, that is what it would be for. I was happy when my exmark dealer was talking about it. Why, because I can buy a 72" with z turn and trimmability in a midmount with enough power now. A 26 with 72 boggs in tall grass. And I need it for a school, airport, and a few others. And it is another alternative to a wide area mower with 3 decks (although I may go that way anyhoooo).