1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Exmark's new mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Nov 14, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

They are coming out with a new mower called "Quest" I think. Any one know anything about it? My local dealer said it might be in between the Phazer and the Lazer-Ct but he said he had no info at all.
  2. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Just what Exmark needs. Another new mower. They should concentrate on getting the ones they have to perform up to expectations.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I heard over this past summer, a lot of guys having trouble with the Triton decks but I demoed a 66" with a 25 Kawi and I had no trouble at all. It was dry conditions so I cant say anything about wet conditions but it was quite a machine.
  4. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

The Quest is a new homeowner machine that is being brought to the market. There are 2 models of this unit. It is for residential only.
  5. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't had a stitch of trouble with mine!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they going to corner the home owner market, scag is in the same boat
  7. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag has a homeowner machine comming out. Monkey see monkey do... Thats business. I would rather see them come out with a Fast, Light weight (1000lbs or less), nimble, 60" highly productive commercial machine instead of the 1500lb Zs they got now. I would also take a Stand-on mower from them (im not talking about a Turf Tracer with sulky lol).
  8. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

It the strangest mower I have seen! Looks like a floor buffer, a throw back from something made 60 years ago, by Ariens or Gravely maybe even Xmark. I saw a old one like that in a brochure a few years ago from one of those companies I can't remember which one.
  9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Laser, they need to focus on what they have out there, last laset I bought was junk, I have four and thinking of switching companies
  10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Not at $4599 for a 22 HP Briggs & Stratton ELS Twin Cylinder Engine w/48" Fabricated Deck.

AND $4999 for a 24 HP Briggs & Stratton ELS Twin Cylinder Engine w/52" Fabricated Deck.

Of course, I guess the Fabricated Deck part could be an advantage to try to point out to people that may be looking also at a stamped deck unit.

But in my opinion, Exmark still seems to be missing the key to selling to residential home owners. LOW PRICE LOW PRICE LOW PRICE. I mean, if basically the same company can make a residential Z in the Toro Timecutter Z and MSRP the 48" at $3799, then why can't they make on with an Exmark label that will MSRP at that same price?

The Quest pricing seems more in line with the TimeCutterZX series of mowers, so maybe there will be an Exmark branded TimeCutter series the next year for Exmark dealers to sell.