Exmarks New Pioneer Series Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerdude777, Oct 29, 2010.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

2. Grass Shark

Grass Shark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Zone 7

It's slow, looks top heavy and has box store mower tire sizes on it. I am thinking exmark is trying to copy bob-cats success with the new fast-cat pro (extremely similair specs). I am most certainly sure this mower would be a great value if you could get one for under $5,000 like the bob-cat..... but I highly doubt that being it says "exmark" on it. :dizzy:

3. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i think they look pretty nice, lighter duty for smaller lawns and for smaller companies, but still commercial or high end resi

5. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Wonder why it has the trivantage deck on it isn't that from back in the day?

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats not a homeowner mower guys.
    Maybe an estate mower, but not a 1/4 ac. lot mower.

7. BrunoT

BrunoT LawnSite Senior Member

It fills a niche'. Vs the bigger lazers its probably shorter (fits on a trailer easier with other machines), lighter, more compact, and offers a 44" deck size unavailable otherwise.

Some of our less experienced and less sophisticated members don't always understand that bigger isn't always better. Perhaps all they service are wide open flats where a little more speed and weight is a plus. But just as you don't need a dump truck to tow around a lawn trailer, or a Chevy Suburban to commute to an office job in, you don't always need a huge rider to do small lawns with lots of turns and delicate turf. Lighter weight, more compact dimensions, and a narrower deck to fit through a few more gates would be an asset there.

I happen to think Exmark has a few too many Lazer models, which only serves to increase per-unit costs. They probably could have modified another model to get a 44" version. And smaller tires is a stupid way to cut costs if that's what it's all about. But a good machine is about more than crude specs of speed, width, and such.

I've put off replacing an old trivantage lazer HP because the new ones were too long and heavy to fit on my rig. Now that this is available I might check them out.

When your average mower seat-time per lawn is 12 minutes, going bigger or faster doesn't really return much vs the trade offs. But lighter, more maneuverable, and cheaper might be helpful.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

basically what i thought but did not want to write all that out, brilliant :clapping:

9. HOGBEAR

HOGBEAR LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

10. HOGBEAR

HOGBEAR LawnSite Member

I run a cub cadet at this time its a z force 50 which it is two years old but has held up extremly well. This mower is what you call a light commercial but has done well, with the difference in the price and the type of areas I cut I will stay with the light comm. models maybe not the cubs again because they changed those now surely another brand. But thats just my two cents.
    Posted via Mobile Device