ExMarks new stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JayD, Oct 29, 2009.

1. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

This statement is true, but I've already tried to tell them. Can't argue with morons.

2. Lazer Cut

Lazer Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Where I work toro just gave us a 60" 26hp grandstand that has the same lifting arms as the exmark. Kawai seems to have changed the design of the engine. As others have said regulations have caused this. 60" grandstand is extremely powerful and it is pretty quick. seems about the same speed as a zero turn. Have not raced one yet ha

3. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, look who the moron is. My contact at Toro has also confirmed this. So your salesman is wrong. Well the price might be different too. Before you start called people names you a**hole, you should know the facts.

4. Lawn Spa

Lawn Spa LawnSite Member

I dont think anything will beat a walk behind on hills...I love using my wright stander every where else though...I love every exmark I ever had too so this should be a honey to own!

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

so is the 60" faster than the 48"/52"? We have two 52" 23hp grandstands and i won't say they are slow but they definitely aren't fast, something i hope they improve...

the exmark looks exactly like the toro so the performance should be very similar and if that is the case then the hillside stability should be excellent, i'm very impressed with the grandstands stability...

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Talked to the Toro rep at GIE. My understanding is the only difference between the 60" and smaller grandstands is the size of the deck and engines.

ericg likes this.
  7. lilweeds

lilweeds LawnSite Senior Member

They have the same ground speed. I agree, it could be tuned up a bit. They are slow, but aren't fast.

8. pflasch

pflasch LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

From what I've seen, the Toro unit was a good "first try", and they soon discovered some weaknesses (i.e. the deck lift assist cylinder, which was know to fail) THEN Exmark looked at the issues, fixed most of them and now you see those changes on BOTH Toro and Exmark units... like the "deck assist SPRING" instead of the cylinder!

It's all good!!! :clapping:

9. timberbrook

timberbrook LawnSite Member

When I was a kid there was an old man that was a hotdog vendor near where I lived.... He would always tell us teenage boys the his weiner might not be long, but it sure was short. Similar to what you just said.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

can anyone tell me why I will want to stop purchasing my beloved 52/23 Turf Tracers and start running these ride-on units? I imagine my pricing can get them quite similarly so that isnt an issue. Speed isnt a factor either as the stand-on units can get the guys haulin'