Exmarks stand on sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Sep 28, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has anyone used it?? how do you like it.

John

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I forget who, but someone on here awhile ago said they got one and loved it. Expensive though. They liked the fact that it latched to the engine deck rather than the control panel and was easier to remove than anything else they had used before. Just relaying information, Good Luck!

3. John Gamba

from ct

Thanks :waving: I have a friend that asked me about it. I have never heard anything.

John

4. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I hate em....tell ya why...there terrible in wet grass because the wheel is encased and wet grass will clog in the top of the enclosure and the wheel will slide and not roll. I know your going to say dont cut wet grass but when there's no choice you got to do it. Other than that it really is a nice sulky but there needs to be a latch on top to pull the cover off and unclog the grass. You cant unclog other than taking the wheel off.

5. John Gamba

from ct

Yeah sounds like a Velky :cry: I cut wet grass today! On a rider :D

6. John Gamba

from ct

Jbell
    Do you like how it hooks to the engines deck?? does it handle better since its mounted lower on the mower?? less front lift??

Thanks John

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Yeah, it looks and actually is well buit but it is one wheel which will not work on lawns that want to leave nice stripe, and will clog if you cut in the rain which I normally do due to tight schedule. I have tried them at dealer and not think of a word or anything for a price you can buy a BP blower!
    Bullrider, or Velke x2 all the way.

8. John Gamba

from ct

I'm thinking about the wheel mark mite get covered by the striping roller????
    Its just a theory now.
    John

9. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

I have not used the Xmart stand on, but I loaned my Xmart sit down to someone for a week while thier stand on was being fixed.( they backed over it with truck) He liked the sit down better and now owns one. No place for grass to clod.

10. John Gamba

from ct

I had two of those. They work very good but if you are doing pros with alot of hills, It takes time to remove it and put it on later.

Thank you
    John