Exmarks striping roller install?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by John Gamba, Jun 19, 2004.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Well i finally got the roller for the 60"TT and i drill my four holes and the roller is to wide?? so i moved the bracket over One Quarter of an inch and install the deck and the roller hits the trim side rear tire:angry:
    Now if you look at the template you will see that where i drilled the first time was correct by the template. I moved the discharge side over and now the trim side hits.

Please tell me NOW that i'm wrong for not buying anymore exmark's products. Do you think that they will do something about the holes (all six) in the back of the deck????? i'm returning it monday and i'm selling off all the mowers:mad:

Happy fathers day!!!
    John

1019-500.jpg

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

At least they gave you a template in your kit, which would of been nice as well as some thought out instructions, I have two extra holes in mine. Kinda of like 70's bike racing, drill out those components, lite is fast right.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Dude, I thought you LOVED Exmark mowers?

What gives lately?

4. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

why wouldnt you just set the roller up and mark the holes?

5. John Gamba

from ct

There Quality in my opinion has gone down hill.

6. John Gamba

from ct

How many holes would you like in your deck?? The template is there so you dont have to make mistakes like this. If you look at the right side i did make the other holes so the roller would fit BUT exmark forgot they have a 2" offset on the deck and now it hits the drive tire on the trim side. So now i would have to drill 4 new holes. I'm selling all the mowers Tuesday and thats it for exmark and me.
    John

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

What brand will you go with John?

8. John Gamba

from ct

I'm not sure
    John

9. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

2 weeks ago I picked up a 60" Z and a 36 hydro. I already had a Metro hp 48. Because of a few design differences and a lot of reading your history of the past few months I now have Toro products.

10. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Hmm.. Toro owns Exmark but the Exmark side of it still makes the mowers, and the new Toros?