Exmark's Ultra Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutter1, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my Ultra Vac put on my Laser yesterday and tried it out today. WOW!!! Its nice and bags great. I was running over huge piles of leaves and it was grinding them into nothing. Bags get packed with just shreaded leaves and grass. The double Blades help too!! Front end is a lot lighter now, makes hills a little interesting. Takes up some trailer space too, other than that, I highly recommend it. Easy to take on and off the laser. I think its worth the money and it beats raking!!! Price is $1200.
  2. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I am looking to get a Lazer with the Ultra Vac for next year and am in the process of getting prices from dealers. Has anyone else out there used this? If so how was it?
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

my trac-vac makes my Dc do nice weelies on hills too especially when full of wet grass,get the weight kit for the front end-it helps you get on the trailer easier too.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Cutter, Is that the full size one, or the one for the 52" deck?
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the ultra vac and love it. Emptying the bags is a breeze, even wet grass.

I must correct you, the ultra vac does not shred. The impellers are for suction only. The grass and leaves get cut only by the mower blades, and since you have the double blades that would explain the shredded grass.
  6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Cutter 1, and 65hoss- I am seriously considering a ultra vac for my lazer hp, I have a question for you, does the design make for less dust around you and the engine?
  7. Mr.Ziffel

Mr.Ziffel LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know if this unit will fit the Toro decks? Is the 6" tube from the deck to the bags large enough to handle wet heavy stuff? The depth of dealer's lack of product knowledge is astonishing - standard answer "I don't know I just work here".
  8. Cutter1

I must correct you, the vac does shred the leaves. I have the small one, for the 52 deck. THey haven't came out with the one for the bigger units yet. Packs the bags to the top and I also recomend a front weight.
  9. Cutter1

The dusr isn't too bad, unless you are going over a dirt spot, but other than that it isn't bad. Leaves are a dirty job, so no matter what you do, you are going to get dirty and dusty.
  10. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

The Ultra Vac will not work on Toro deck.