Exmarx Lazer HP owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lpwhandyman, Jul 10, 2005.

1. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

I'm currently running double high lifts on the Exmark Lazer Z HP 52". It is stripes pretty good as it is, even with the lack of rain. But I'm curious, for those of you have run this setup already....... then added a stripe roller or chains, did you notice a significant change for the better with your stripes or was it money wasted?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Exmarks striping roller works very well. It also works when you back over leaves in the fall.
    John

3. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

Just curious....

We've never had customers ask for stripes before, maybe it's just because of our location or what, but no companies do this up here...

Is there a lot of demand state-side for stripes? It seems like a great idea and looks great, but seems like additional work.

Thanks

4. lpwhandyman

It only takes a few addtional minutes of additional work. And it's not neccesarilly requests coming from customers. It's the satisfaction I get when I leave of how the stripes define the lawn and gives us an edge over those who don't do it. You take a few pictures of how your lawns look and show a new customer how their lawn looks and then ask them which one they would prefer. Last week we had an overgrown property where the grass was actually long enough that the top of the grass blade was hitting my lower legs while sitting on the z. When we were done mowing this hayfield, the lawn was clump free and was striped beautifully. The next time I saw the customer, they asked how, "how did you do that"? Mission accomplished. I wished I would have had the camera on that one, because it was a record setting high lawn.

5. lpwhandyman

6. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

I love when people take pride in their work!

We also use the picture idea for a lot of things (mainly landscaping and cleanups).

I have to admit, striping looks amazing. It may be something to consider in the near future for us. Thanks