expanding big time from part time

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by capescaper, Aug 22, 2003.

1. capescaper

capescaper LawnSite Member

i have a full time job that is shift work three days a week and do mowing and landscaping for myself i also work 2-3 days a week for 1 of the most respected companies around he is giving up 18, 15 minute mowings for very very well off customers and will take care of the billing because they are year round contracts with my yards that is 25 yards over $1000 a week should i go at it full time other work is guaranteed to come who cant live off $1000 aweek walker mower 44"toro walk behind stihl blowers and trimmers

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

ask it again, this time read your post and use some grammar. that was the longest sentence i've ever seen.

4. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

$1000 a week before expenses isn't going to leave you with much. As the old saying goes; "don't quit your day job"

5. capital

capital LawnSite Member

Not sure if I understand somthing............you are taking over someone elses accounts? But you are going to let him continue to bill? Suggest you re think that part of the relationship through.

6. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Capescaper, I agree with Capital on this one, sounds like a recipe for trouble.

Craig:)

7. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I make $1000 a week gross. I do it full time and it doesnt leave much at the end of the month after all expenses are paid. Well now we had 4 weeks of no rain so this has been a pretty tough month and on top of that quarterly taxes are due soon (but I put away for that) But on the other hand if I did this and another job it would be a tough scedule for me to keep. Doing it full time I feel I can give a little more attention to my customers. Kinda rambling here but If you can make it on 1000 a week then go for it.
    Matt