1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Expanding Busines

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Green Up, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Green Up

Green Up LawnSite Member

I have been in the lawncare service for 20 years and have recently gotten certified to start spraying. I have had trouble finding companies in my area to chemically treat my lawns, so I acted on my gut feeling. DO IT YOUR SELF! I know some about this business, but am looking for more knowledge. I have used Lesco products for years and have been pleased with the results. However, compariable their prices are not very cheap. Do you all have any suggestions of vendors in the Alabama area that may be able to help me.
  2. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

local co-ops and farm supply stores are the cheapest places for weed control. Lesco fertilizer is great. Also, lesco will haggle, tell them your price and they usually bow to it.

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know what state the store is in that bows to the prices when you call them out, I'll be there tomorrow to do some shopping, or maybe they can ship me some stuff. Dude those days are over, have you gotten gas lately?
  4. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

2nd that motion:clapping: