Expanding Clientele

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A and N, Jan 17, 2007.

1. A and N

A and N LawnSite Member

We (my brother in law and me) currently own a lawn care buis. We own a 60 in Gravely o turn, a 48 wb and a land scape trailer, all the landscape tools and trimmers, chainsaws etc. We are lookin to go from 15 accts. to 30. He is in college and I work 3 12 hour shifts a week. What is the max you think we can handle by ourselves. Based on a 28 week mowing season in SW Ohio? I also have three boys ages 5 -10 that play baseball, and football.
  2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Why don't you tell us how many hours a week you will be able to commit to this buisiness per week. Some on here do 30 lawns a day.
    My personal best is 23. with 1 helper.
    It will also depend on how large the lawns are and how much traveling time you will do. If you are currently doing 15, you should already know how long that takes you, so just double it.
  3. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

What size lots do you mow and how many hours a week do you have to mow? How much drive time is involved?
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done 23 yards by myself in a 15 hr day (6am-9pm). I'd say 30 should be easy with two people. If your unable to mow one day then your brother-in-law should go and do a few by himself.
  5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I do over 45 per solo in 3 days with about the same equipment. Your should get at least 60 done and still be able to have a life. Thats the 1/2 acre to 2 acre propertys