Expanding into lawn applications

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Steve Voss, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Steve Voss

Steve Voss LawnSite Member

I am looking to build a sprayer for my truck bed so that I can start offering services and talking customers into spraying for weeds once a month, I found this sprayer online for sale and I'm thinking about mimicking the build. Do you guys think this is a good sprayer for lawn applications, should I get an electric hose reel, if so where and what kind to buy, same goes for any of the other parts, opinions please. :waving: Also can I spray weed control out of this tank and then switch over to fertilizer, is granular better for fert apps, I figure spraying is faster if you don't have a 10k machine, should I get a split tank, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PFS-200-gal-Commerical-Skid-Mount-Sprayer-lawn-sprayer-/370577426731

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Just buy a sprayer--its easier. The pump pictured looks like a 6 gpm pump. In reality after friction losses in a 300 foot hose--you will probably get about 2.5 gallons per thousand sqft.
    And yes you need an electric hose reel. And bypass agitation in the tank.
    Gregson Clark makes a good sprayer. check them out.

3. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

If you are a good welder or know someone that is you can save atleast 1-2 grand on a skid unit.

We build all of our sprayers and nurse tanks in house.

Just build your base and buy everything you need and assemble.

Plus u can customize to fit your needs and your business.

That's just my take.
    Posted via Mobile Device