Expanding Legally

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Daves Propert Maintenance, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Daves Propert Maintenance

Daves Propert Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from USA

I have been mowing lawns for six years now, and entering my seventh season. I have recently started expanding the number of clients on my list and I feel that it is time to insure and register with the town and state. I live in NH and I would appreciate any help.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

you will have to get an adult to help you or wait till you are 18..... you cant really sign any legally binding contracts ...go to google and start searcing for regulations and licensing information in your state and local governments...get liability insurance, commercial plates and commercial auto coverage, if you are haveing employees, set up taxes, soc security, workers comp...
    set up your business name with the state, get a dba or llc ..or what ever the accountant or lawyer recomends that you need to see.

get the ball rolling for when you turn 18 if thats the best you can do.. or get a parent to help with the legalities

and KEEP THE PRICE UP>..dont be the cheap guy...:)

3. Daves Propert Maintenance

Daves Propert Maintenance LawnSite Member
    from USA

Thanks for the advice, I had a general idea about what to do, but that confirms what i need to get working on.