Expense sheet

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ChadA, Feb 9, 2008.

1. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a copy of the expense sheet you use to track expenses. I would appreciate it.

2. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

Purchase Quickbooks.

3. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Qucik Pro - just undated to the 08 version. A little time for a learning curve but ya love it. Go ahead, spend the money!

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

You can't go wrong with Quickbooks Pro.

5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

$200 seems a little steep. I'm just looking for templates for spreadsheets.

6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Just make a simple excel chart no need for quickbooks.

7. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

for sure, no need for quickbooks unless you prefer it. excel or any other method works fine

8. Ferti-man

Ferti-man LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on how time efficient you want to be. After the accounts set up time you need to spend, Its a quick way to do accounting and track all your transactions, reports for year end and for business review and planning. Its worth every Penny I put into it and more IMO!!:dancing: If your business is growing, now is the time to invest and spend the coming season getting familiar with it. You will be better for it. I too recommend the 2008 Pro series. The added options are great and you likely won't need to upgrade for some time. I just upgraded from 2004 Basic. You can use the customer manager to communicate between QuikBooks and Outlook as well. Talk to your accountant and get their recommendations if you wish.

9. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

We use the free quickbooks simple start desktop edition. I LOVE it. It works out great and I havent found a need yet to upgrade to the paid version. Trust me this is coming from an EXCEL girl...used to think that was the best way. Now I am sold on quickbooks simple start free.

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

All in all - quickbooks is the way to go. Yes it cost alittle money. But tax time, monthly, fiscal, month to month or last year vs this year. Hit a buttom and you got your numbers. Print out a versions of your accounts and walk them over to tax man and really you should be good to go.

I have had it now for 5 years and works awesome. Yes, if your small sole opt that just mows and goes - maybe excel will work. But if there is any expandsion in the future - now is the time.