1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Experience with mulching system on the eXmark Lazer Z HP ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tye, Feb 22, 2003.

1. tye

tye LawnSite Member
    from zone3

May be interested in purchasing eXmark Lazer Z HP with 23hp Kawasaki engine and 52" deck. For those of you that have experience with their mulching system, how do you like it ?
  2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52 lazer hp 23 kaw, and use the mulch kit in summer and early fall. Also have a turf tracer with the mulch kit all do a good job of mulching. I don't use the mulch kit in the spring when the grass is growing a foot a day!!!!:eek:
  3. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a mulcher on my 48" Exmark ZTR and I think it does a very good job for late spring thru the rest of the season unless I get behind due too rain.I bought an UltraVac this past fall,so if I have to I can bag,Not that I really want to cause this becomes a big concern for the customer for the extra charge to bag and dispose of.
  4. jason r.

jason r. LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the micro mulch kit on my Lazer z hp (44",17KAW)and it works great under normal mowing conditions. It should work real good with the 52" and 23KAW. Don't think twice about buying it, you can't go wrong!
  5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

i have the mulch on a Lazer Z 60" 23 Kn hp. works great on leafs leaves powder.
  6. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Very pleased with the mulching kit on my 48" 18hp unit. I bought a 21hp kawi 48" unit to replace it this year, so with more power, it should be even better. I used it last summer and fall and never took it off, though I plan on discharging through Spring until the grass gets dryer and isn't growing as fast. I did mow some really tall grass with it from time to time and with 2 passes it did a pretty darn good job of making lots of grass "disappear" into the turf.

I will say that above 3" it doesn't mulch as well. I guess it loses its ability to stand grass up then.
  7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Go ahead and get the kit with the mower, then you will wonder how you ever mowed without it....:D

Mine works great, either Lazer 52" HP 23hp or 36" Turf Tracer 15hp.