Experience With New Takeuchi TL250 Skid

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Tomorrow I hopefully will be looking at a new takeuchi TL250 skid steer. Just wanted to know if anyone has used or been in one, and their opinion of it? What's different about the machines other than the 250 having a kubota engine. What's up with the 50 less FT pounds of torque in the 250?

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the new Gehl CTL's have a "pressurized" cab. Not sure if this applies to the TAK.

3. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I have put about 100 Hrs. on a new TL250 and I love it but I have never compared it to a TL150 so I don't know if you will notice a power loss. Over all I love the Hyd. quick connect and the stock radio is cleaner than a after market but is kinda crappy for sound and looks like a cheap radio not sure how long it will hold up. The company also bought a TL140 and compared to it the TL250 is a beast. The new engine must need more cooling capacity since the rear door has larger opening slats in it and allows more dirt to fall in against the radiator. The exhaust is on the other side of the hood and makes the mirror in the back turn black but I never use that mirror anyways. The one at work when in high gear will stick in its path of motion and needs to go in to be checked out but they use it too much to have it gone for too long. They also have a foot throttle now but it is not needed since the controls are so precise. Other than all that you shouldn't notice too much different. I know it is very quit in the cab maybe because of the Kubota engine versus Yanmar and that is comparing to how loud my TL130 is with the Yanmar.

4. Dirtman2007

Thanks for the info BIGBEN
    Hopefully I will be able to try it out if its not raining too bad tomorrow. I would really like to see how much power loss it has by comparing it to the 150.

5. SellingIron

SellingIron LawnSite Senior Member
    from FTE

What's the asking price for that unit Dirtman????:usflag:

6. Dirtman2007

Fully loaded with cab, heat, air, 2008 model with 5 hours. I was quoted a little under $60K with taxes. 0% for 4 years.

It worked out to be $50.00 more a month than the payment for our TL150 is now. I'm pretty sure when it's time to replace the tracks again, we'll just replace the machine with a new one.

7. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Plus the the TL 250 is available with high flow.

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

60k wow thats not that bad. what would a cat 299 be 90-100k?!?!?!

9. Dirtman2007

That's why I like takeuchi so much, good reliable machine for a good price.

My tak dealer at the begining of this year did an amazing job of selling 30 skid steers in 60 days! this is a small dealer too. Now they can't give equipment away, like everyone else.

It's the time to buy if your going to.

10. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

yeah now is the time to buy, i need to grab my cahonies and buy a darn excavator allready. just started looking at the taki 180fr.