experienced yet ... new to the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikey6943, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mikey6943

mikey6943 LawnSite Member

looking for advice on the most informative website i have found , iam from the new england area ( south of boston ) and iam ready to build my own business , tired of people making money off of me ... iam intrested in mowing lawns and building up a clent base from there , but my mower knowledge is limited to scags and wright standers ... i have 5k for start up cost , will this be enough or should i look into loans ... i already have a truck , 94 dodge ( nothing beautiful but its a start ! ) wish i had a chevy ... any need advice on trailers too ! thanks

2. Bhorner

Bhorner LawnSite Member

I'm new too, just ordered one of these Quick Samurai 36's. Great price, great machines from everything I have read on here.:usflag: http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/

3. mikey6943

yeah the quick 36 looks like a good investment , priced very well ... ill ahve to find a dealer in my area and check it out

thanks

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i Recommend toro. One of the easiest and best w/b. the t bar is way easy to use!

5. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

and a 16ft flat bed is perfect

6. casco73

casco73 LawnSite Member

Depending on the amount and size of lawns you take on I would keep cost down and pick up a nice walk behind 36" or 48" with ramps A 16ft. trailer is a little big to start with keep costs low so your profit will be high as you start

7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

i started with that 16ft and it was perfect, now getting a little small. your trailer can never be too big. and the price between say a 5x10 and a 16ft isnt that much.

8. mikey6943

any input on the quick 36 ? reliability - handle on hills ... ect.

thanks

9. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Quick 36 is shipped directly from the manufacturer. There is no dealers. Parts are shipped directly to you with out dealer network.

All the reports are positive. There was a thread started a couple days ago where they did a review.

10. Bhorner

Bhorner LawnSite Member

Here's a link back to the original thread, gives you good detail and information on the Quick 36. Including some info from the owner of the company. I just bought a dual axle 16 ft car/equipment trailer myself. Don't think I'll be running out of room for a while.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=158008