1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Experiences with TEREX Equipment?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by TXTom, Mar 10, 2007.

1. TXTom

TXTom LawnSite Member

Anyone on the board own any Terex equipment? Ever run one of their backhoe/loaders? How was your Terex experience?

2. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

If their anything like the days i run them(Euclid)they wasn't the best.Just engineeried different then anyone elses machines.They disappeared for years,but now are trying to make a come back under someone elses control.

I would tend to stay with a little more name brand now because of dealer network and parts,altho they was a brand years ago !:confused: Kind of sorta.:usflag:
  3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

4. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have any personal experience with them but a real good friend of mine sells equipment and he said whenever he gets a terex backhoe in, it sells within a week and theres a good following for them.

Something to consider.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The Fermac backhoe was very similiar to the CASE hoe over seas. I don't know what changes Terex may have done since the but their lineage was good.
  6. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i played on a terex tlb a few months back. it had very high hours. don't remember exactly how many but well over 5000. i was suprised at how the machine ran. seemed around the same size as a 310 JD. overall i was very impresssed. this was my only experiance with them and can't say anything about how much had been spent to have it running that well. i would guess you could do a lot worse.
    good luck
  7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The first thing when you meantion Terex it makes me think of the snot green color old Terex loaders used to be. One of the logging companies that my familly deals with used to have a old Terex wheelloader similar size to a 966 Cat the machine used to be dubbed the green slime.

The only Terex machines around are cranes its very rare you see a Terex loader or any other equipment made by Terex.