Experince with John Deere Gator..Anyone?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by eggy, Jan 1, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has been putting the gator to the test yet this year and the results..Thanks...

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Eggy, I got a Gator earlier this year. I don't have a plow for it (have one on my Grasshopper), but I do have 9 factory and 2 aftermarket options. We have only gotten 2" of snow so far. I can't wait to take it out in the snow!

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I was thinking of trying a gator for snow removel next year.

There is a thread about it, that I started. I think I called it Gator Snow Removel.

Geoff

4. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys I will search for that thread...they seem like they would do a nice job with a cab...from the way I understand you can put a six foot blade on them salter etc...they seem almost equal to a truck in clearing ..only with a tighter turning radius..and yes loosing a few feet on plow width..but the almost cost equal to a used truck also...

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

6. nsmilligan

nsmilligan LawnSite Member

Let us know how it works out. I've been asked to bid on a sidewalk contract for NEXT year, seems the present guy is not doing the job, thought the Gator could tow a drop spreader and do light plowing. I'm looking at leasing or buying a couple of skid steers with V-plows and a least one blower to do the bulk of the work. Contract will be about 75K/year, 3 years.

Bill