expert plan check please

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ihateclay, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ihateclay

ihateclay LawnSite Member
    from AZ

I've been lurking for years trying to pick-up knowledge and now I ask for help in pointing out potential problems with a renovation. First off this is all volunteer work for my church that bought an empty lot behind our property and built on a couple of acres leaving 8 more. After several years of neglect and desert scrub trying to take over we came up with money to renovate 7 acres with 3.5 turf, 1.5 landscaped, 2 water retention / drainage and 1 acre of turf not to be disturbed. After the mass x work we ended up with the 1 acre of turf getting 18" of dirt placed on it. Not wishing to have rotors sitting on 2 to 3 foot risers, I figure this is a good time to renovate. Before I get blasted about being cheap, again volunteer work, non-profit and this will go to our landscape contractor if we don't go over budget on the many dollars already being spent. This is the plan B if the money is all gone and trying to avoid throwing gravel on it.

The first was the original condition and the second is the proposed. The curved red line represents a newly installed sidewalk. The corner area is a seperate memorial garden project that is breaking ground soon. All of the area to the east of the sidewalk is the area that took the 18" of dirt. My concerns are pipe sizing. Static psi 65 on a hose bib and rotor psi on existing line of #5 and #7 at 40. Any pointers would be a big help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a lot of grass..

is your church rich?

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Churches are all business now, we've got a few around here now that dwarf that one in comparison.

Too bad that money couldn't go towards something, like say a soup kitchen for the homeless...... But I digress.

4. Do you have a remote?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

6. ihateclay

from AZ

No, not rich and thus the constant problem of trying to make every dollar count.

7. ihateclay

from AZ

Good point. I'd like to think that we are very active in that reqard. The purpose here is to provide some much needed park area to the community for sports, scouts (we sponsor many troops) and a field area for our pre-school.

8. ihateclay

from AZ

Yes. It is the Hunter Roam that matches up with the ICC unit. It's not bad, a little limited in range and thanks to the genius who mounted the controller on the north side of the building, limited even more. I'm working on making a mount I can stand up on a piece of PVC to help get over the building. Sure beats paying my son to sit there and push buttons, when he could be digging!

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you get what you pay for, don't be too critical when the labor is free.

10. I'd start by upgrading the remote situation. Trying to make a roam effective will just create a cluster****.