Explain to me contracts???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Bluegrass Lawn Service, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Bluegrass Lawn Service

Bluegrass Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Some you have written about monthly contracts for your customers. I wondering how you do that and if you wouldn't't mind showing a copy? I have to do something different that I've been doing.

2. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I have a contract but have never used it. I just dont go over a couple hundred without getting some payola. Ive only lost 100 bucks to a non payer. Would a contract get my money? prolly not without more effort than I want to expend. Deadbeats arent intimidated by contracts.

3. LawnMastersTx

LawnMastersTx LawnSite Member

I am looking to use contracts this year after having lost plenty of money from not having one. $488.12 this season and then $1,242.47 a few years ago. Doesn't hurt to have it there that way both you and your customer knows exactly what to expect from each other if there were any misunderstandings during the agreement process.

Now trying to find a good contract is going to fun to find. Dont want to scare off customers but to give them confidence with my company.

4. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

Funny story. I was talking to my lawyer about drafting a service agreement or contract and he advised against it. I was shocked. He said if push came to shove a contract would be picked apart and could be used against me. Additionally, it would only make it harder to sell new business.