1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Expo 2006

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by The Captain, Aug 17, 2006.

1. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Since we can't mow and aren't making any cash due to the drought, lets plan ahead for a little fun. Is it too early to plan the pilgramage to Louisville? Last year was a blast and I can't wait to get back there. :clapping:

It's the first week in October (only alittle more than 6 weeks away). If I'm not being too personal, who is going and where are you staying?

Lets see if we can get a group together.

Jim (aka The Captain)
  2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

No offense but the Louisville show sucks!

The GIE show is a much bigger, better show with more to do and see. This year it is in Columbus, Ohio in early November.

Next year the 2 shows are combining...now that should be awesome! :weightlifter:
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

No offense taken. I was at Orlando last year as well and wasn't impressed. Shorter time on the field with equipment with company reps., had to be bussed to and from the indoor exhibits and was more expensive than Louisville. Combining the two shows will at least save on travel expenses.
  4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure if I'm going yet, or where I will stay if I do go.
  5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd love to go, but can't this year :cry:

maybe next year will work out better for me.
  6. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

It is a done deal for us got plane tickets and car reserved and staying at Breckenridge but my wife has been reading some of the post about all the wild partys that has gone on in the past years and is having doubts about her quality of restful sleep that she will be able to get so she is kinda hinting to me it might be a good idea to find another place to stay I have not do it yet but she on the other hand has not pushed it yet either but we will be there to enjoy all the stuff going on .Twj

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i am going and cant wait to go. we had a blast last year. i did run into a few people from lawnsite b/c sean sent me a free shirt lol thanks sean. yeah we should get a group together .
  8. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

hey Sean do we all get a free shirt ???
  9. horsequick

horsequick LawnSite Member

Oh YEAH. The louisville expo is awesome. I think this year there'll be a couple of concerts at night....Aarron Tippin and the Marshal Tucker Band?? Can't remember but I think that's who's playing.
    There's usually lots of parties too. I've been there as a vendor in a booth now i get to go as an attendee......yeah!!
  10. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

This will be our 4th year it's a lot of fun and free shows what more could you ask for. Shore would be nice to get together I will be staying at the sleep inn airport
    I think getting tee shirts is a good idea hope to see you there.