Expo in Louisville

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by corycc, Jul 7, 2001.

1. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

Who is going to the outdoor power equipment and garden expo in Louisville on July 20-22? It will be my first and I have a question. Very soon I will be buying a new eXmark WB, and I wanted to know if they sell anything at the expo at discounted prices. And if they do is the discount worth not having bought it from your dealer? I do all my own maintenance and though maybe if I could save a grand it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a dealer to take my stuff to. Thanks for your help.
  2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to attend that show yearly, but got tired of losing so much weight from sweating my gonads off in that heat. Haven't been there in two years, and will not be there this year either. However, I have puchased equipment at that show and often there are "show discounts" offered by those that are exhibiting. It's a tremendous show with a huge outdoor area to try out equipment that is on display inside (although the air conditioning in the outdoor exhibit area leaves much to be desired).
  3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm going. Playing with the toys sounds like fun.
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

5. dhicks

dhicks Member

Last year, just about everything was on sale except for the W/Bs and Zs. Once the show is over they pack it up and move on to other shows or will not sell to show support for the dealers. It never hurts to ask You may get lucky!
  6. There most be some real marketing genius who picked that date and

BTW I will be going to the Cape May that week. I hope all you guys have fun buying expensive new equipment. I would rather buy used
    for pennies on the dollar vs. the cost of new stuff.
  7. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like these Expos would be better scheduled in February.
  8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Bill and Larry, I agree that anytime other than the HOT summer would be best. I feel the reason it is in July is most Lawn Mower Mfg's unveil their new line of equipment for the next year. Most start production of the next years equipment in June, so this works out good for them.

If they want it in July, they should have this in a Northern State that isn't so darn hot, like Chicago along the lake front where you get those cool lake breezes. :)
  9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I thought it was in the North! :p I thought it was great last year. It was considerably cooler in Louisville than in Memphis.

Heat index today is 113.