1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EXPO make you SICK?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GrassBustersLawn, Oct 19, 2005.

1. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone else got sick after visiting Louisville Expo.
    I went with two other LCO's and ALL 3 of us were sick by Monday morning with flu like symptoms. Just curious if anyone else was sick too.

2. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

No problem here, had a great time with my wife along. We could only go on Saturday since it was a long drive for us.
  3. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

No sickness here but I do hope no one let there wives drink the tap water there. Louisville's hospital has a dedicated wing for up to 700 babies and mothers and is usually full if I understood why she was telling me. My SO has an account there and was in aw of how many babies are born there. She said when we were going she would do anything but drink the water.
  4. JTW

JTW LawnSite Member

I wonder if there is any relation between this and the time the bars close there?! ;)
  5. Varsity L&G

What time did they close? We never made it out anywhere much less downtown.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean the sickness, or the sheer number of babies?

btw... no offense to anyone who enjoys these things but going to an Expo just doesn't do anything for me, the whole thing turns me off as fast as going to a seminar or any other mass-marketing thing would do... ewwww ... Hence why the sickness doesn't surprise me, I would get sick after listening to the F O S talk of overly excited men (the guys with stars in their eyes) and commission-based sales reps (the guys with dollar signs in their eyes) all day, too.
  7. Varsity L&G

The only thing about the expo that made me sick is while we were sitting there doing a little people watching taking a break was....

The large amount of people who's whole purpose it looked like was to see how many free things they could collect. There where people walking around with so many bags of crap they looked like walking bags of crap. I was actually interested in the B&S speech about home generators but could not even find out any real cool facts because of all the people rushing in to get there damn little card stamped so they could get a backpack. I will admit me do have one of those now. The SO said she wanted one so she had to take the tour. Could not get her to demo any mowers while we were there but I bet she now knows the difference between a commercial and a home owner engine. :)
  8. Varsity L&G

9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

The only sickness I had was a hangover on Sunday. Went to Deja Vu Saturday night. WOW is all I gotta say.:blob3:
  10. rick2752

rick2752 LawnSite Member

I didnt really think there was alot of pressure sales to buy things. It was more of a manufacturer type show. Yea you could buy most things but I tried to buy some tires from one booth and he said they just make them and were showing off their product. Gave me nearest dealers number.