1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Expo Pic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sammy, Jul 22, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I took this pic of the eXmark playground when I left yesterday. :cool:

exmark expo.jpg
  2. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Any opinions? What did you try out? What did you like? Sure looks like a great time.
  3. Lee Homan

Lee Homan LawnSite Member

Looks like they didn't bring enough grass with them.
  4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I was most impressed with the Hustler Super Z its a was very comfortable with the nice seat, and was very smooth and built to last. How was the crab at Joes Crab shack? I did buy some trimmer racks and backpack holders.. Im also going to tryout that Magnum Gatorline from silver streak, they said it really last,even has a warning label because its so solid. Was also impressed with the Plugr Reciprocating aerator, might be ordering the 30" very easy to work with turn-arounds are a breeze,and the plugs have that 5degree angle which helps and they lift up over sidewalks and sprinkler heads. This unit also has 50% less moving parts and a two yr warranty even the ones at rental co. that buy this product. I did demo the Dixies but people were flying all around was impressed with the adapter for the 78"cut. It was fun but sunday was the only day i was able to meet at the turf booth i did see several names on a afternoon dinner meeting a the crab place which i see on the forum. Hope to get back there next yr and wish Shindawia had a booth, one of my local dealers told them to shove-it he said they were very hard to deal with he now as Echos. Well hope everyone who went had as much fun as me. Marks Mowing Service
  5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I just got back from EXPO. Didn't see any Lawnsite members but I did sign the sheet at the turf magazine booth. Also drove the Hustler Z and got a hat from P.J. I'm not sure if I can wear it on my Chopper though.
    Dixie Chopper has several changes that I noticed. There is a depth guage for the deck. All seats have been lowered 3 inches for lower center of gravity. The grips on the steering levers are much longer. The decks are made by a different manufacturer with some slight changes underneath. They are painted silver instead of black. There will be no more painted Dixie models (all stainless steel).
    There is also a new option that turns a 60" deck into a 78" deck. It's called the Flex Deck. In the vertical position it is disengaged. When down it can mow at + or - 30 degrees. It is attached to the trim side of the deck and one has the option of mowing 60" or 78". This means 4 blades for this deck.
    The operating lever for the OCDC has a pin at the bottom that inserts into 6 or 8 different holes for adjustment of the OCDC.
    Was a good show but glad to get back to dry Illinois. It rained every day in Louisville.

6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Looks like the ECS was a big hit. :laugh: