Express Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NoDownTime, Apr 4, 2001.

1. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

Has anyone tried the Express Blower TM-20? If so how did it perform in small areas and how much does this piece of equipment cost? thanks

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Who makes the Express Blower?

3. NoDownTime

Express Blower makes it. Check out the site it is pretty impressive!! Expressblower.com

4. NoDownTime

noone has heard of or used this machine before, I am sure it is expensive, but it sure looks productive, no more wheel barrows. On the website it says that one guy can spread as much as 30 yards an hour with this machine, now that is productivity compared to 1 or 2 yards with out it!!!!!!!

5. MTCDAVE33

MTCDAVE33 LawnSite Member

MY BUDDY JUST PURCHASED THE 60 YARDER FROM THE THAT COMPANY, BIG BUCKS!! WORTH EVERY PENNY, YOU WILL SAVE HUGE IN LABOR AND MATERIALS. SIT BACK AND WATCH!

6. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I subbed my big mulch jobs out to the local express mulcher the last 3 years. They sell a franchise area along withthe units. The trucks run in the area of 250 to 300K. Another alternative is the FINN Bark Blower. THere are 3 sizes that range from 20K to 80K I think.
    If you are going to spread mulch and alot of it I can see where an investment in a dedicated machine would pay off.

7. NoDownTime

Getmow, are all the truck this expensive. I cannot imagine that the twenty yard unit that gets mounted on the back of a single axle International would cost more than fifty for the machine with the truck being extra.

8. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

-The prices I quoted are from memory. I looked closely at the FINN blowers a couple of years ago anddecided against it,

9. NoDownTime

thanks for your help Getmow!

10. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have looked into the bark blowers. I have concluded that unless you are only going to do a few places, with difficult terrain, you need to buy a unit that is large enough to work at least a half a day without reloading.

I have seen the small Finn unit in action. It holds a yard or so. So, you need to have a loader on site, to keep feeding the hopper. This also means that you have to stockpile the mulch someplace on site as well. You will need to clean up the pile area. You will also have to have more labor, someone to run the loader, while someone runs the blower. This also probally means bring at least two trucks to the site, one to ahul the blower, and one to haul the laoder.

I am not so sure that that setup would be viable for just doing "normal" mulching. It would probally be a time saver if you were doing difficult to access areas.

I'd like to see a detailied cost analsys of using this setup vs. hand spreading, in areas that are easily accessable.

I think that the only way to go is a large truck mounted unit. You can load the truck in the morning, go out ahd shoot mulch all morning, then go back to get reloaded for the afternoon.