Ext. cab or crew cab?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mowerbrad, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a ext. cab w/ a "standard" box (6'5"). I wish I had gotten a crew cab with a standard.

2. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an extended cab long bed dually. It isn't any harder to park than a Crew cab short bed. I just take 4 spaces instead of 2 to do it. :D

3. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice! lol

4. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Actually the Dodge is not a true crew cab, it's a 4-door quad cab. They have a 4-door and a mega cab. For 2010, Dodge is coming out with an actual crew cab versus the 4-door Quad. Now the Ford is an actual crew cab and it has quite a bit more room than the Dodge. For hauling people, the ext. cab just doesn't cut it-you need, at least, a 4-door. If you're by yourself and just want extra room to put your paperwork, the ext. cab is fine.

5. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

The more I look into it, the more I realize that a crew cab will be a good option. Its only about 1.5 feet longer than my current truck so, it won't be too bad. But it seems like it will be most useful to me as both a personal and work truck. I appreciate all the feedback guys!!

6. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to every put four adults in go with the crew cab. You get use to the extra two feet. You will never say "I wish this cab was smaller".

7. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

My 03' Quad cab 1500 has been anything and everything. It's my business truck, personal truck, and I put my wife and two kids in it. I even haul my two rottweiler's around in the back seat-couldn't do that with a regular cab or an extended cab. I use the back seat as much as the front-blowers, gloves, paper work, coolers, extra help, etc., etc. I couldn't live w/o the back seat!!!!!!:clapping::clapping:

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

When I put my fire gear inside my current truck, it takes up pretty much the whole passenger seat. So if I have fire gear with me, its pretty much a one person cab. It'd be nice to have a truck that I can keep what I need to with me and still have a couple people ride with me. I really just need as much room as possible in the cab.