1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Extended cab vs. single cab

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Feb 14, 2008.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

So this year i am planning on getting a bigger truck. I am looking at chevy 2500 hds for 08 and can't decide wether i should get a single cab or a extended cab truck. I will be plowing with this truck as this is one of the reasons i am upgrading. I also just want some more motor. What do ya think i should get?
  2. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

The size of the cab has nothing to do with how much power you're getting with the motor. A single cab will be better for plowing because it is shorter, but I can tell you from experience that the ext. cab is great for putting all your crap in the back. I usually only carry one other person wtih me so my back seats are full of stuff while the front is clean. it works great.
  3. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Plus if you have to, you can put more people back there.
  4. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

extended cab's seam to always have a bit better resale, that is somthing else to consider. I have not looked into the 2500 chevys but, when I was looking at odering a new 1500 options were cheaper on the extended cab's for some reason.
  5. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

ext cab. no question
  6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Me personally, will never have anything less than ext cab. But thats my personal truck. All the other trucks are regular cabs. :)
  7. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Extended cab is nice. Any more I think that extended cab or crewcabs will be the way to go for me personally.

The extra cab space is quite handy.

Nothing wrong with regular cabs either. It depends on your needs.
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I Like a regular cab alot better, also think they look better. The only way i'd buy an extended or crew cab is if I had a family.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i had an extended cab before and all it ended up being was a place for more junk to accumulate, switched back to regular cab and dont have anywere as much junk in the truck as i did before.
  10. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I have a reg cab... i have been looking at ext. cabs for the extra room, no matter if it was a w/t or just a personal truck id say ext. cab is the way to go.