Extended reach hedge trimmer.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blake101, Oct 7, 2012.

1. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

Who makes the best extended reach hedge trimmer?

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

From my research Stihl. I am purchasing one in the morning.

3. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

i have the kombi system- km 130 with hedge trimmer and extension. it gives me a bout a 14' reach. it has worked great. plus you can put the rest of the attatchments youll need like blower, string trimmer, edger. good luck

4. HLM HustlerZ

HLM HustlerZ LawnSite Member

Get the RedMax LRTZ2460, it has the powerful strato-charged 2-stroke engine. We bought one about a year ago and it's been great. We've trimmed bushes with it every week since March, the blades are great- in my mind much more agressive than the Stihl counterpart trimmer.

One of my guys loves it, he said it cuts better than the Stihl because the blades are wider apart and tougher.

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

My Echo HC-165 is the same way. It has enough power that I rarely hit wot.

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I prefer the maruyama redmax and kawasaki because of the narrow teeth and gap. To me they cut twice as good as the stihl and echos especially on small leaves like boxwoods and yaupons
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

as said above.

the strato can not be beat for power.

8. Belgium

Belgium LawnSite Member

Don't know about redmax since there are no dealers over here, but we always use km130's and maruyama. Been very happy with the stihl's, good power, maybe a bit on the heavy side but you have the advantage of the extensions (don't try to use this combo more than an hour per time if you have to trim horizontally because you will certainly feel it :s). For maruyama, i've always been very pleased with them but my last 3 maruyama trimmers all broke down in half a year :s so next time i'll change them with stihl.

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device