Extended Warranties

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snap12.5, Mar 2, 2005.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

how important is it to buy an extended warranty for a used truck that will be for landscaping only and no plowing??? is it even worth it??? is it possible to buy a warranty for a truck that is 7-8 years old???
    what are some problems that have developed for those who have bought used trucks???
    thanks

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have a friend who owns a car lot, and they sell warranties through a separate company. I don't know the name right off hand, but it isn't limited by the age of the vehicle(I think). They(lot) offer limited warranties , such as 50% labor and 50% parts for 90 days, and 100% for 30 days or 1000 miles.The packages I have seen for the warranty co. offer full coverage for drivetrain and engine for set periods or mileage intervals, just like a new car. It just depends on who you are dealing with. Everytime we buy a used car or truck, the first thing I do is Carfax it. I think buying used over 2-4 years old, I would look for a full drivetrain warranty service, which can probably be offered through the dealer for a fee.