Extra amps from GM!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawn king, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Twin 125 alternators on my 2008 duramax!

plow prep.jpg

2. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Awesome. Did you figure out how to get your interior lights working in your trailer? and a trailer battery charger? Theres a wire roled up to the right of the fuse box under the brake cylinder.

3. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Very very nice. Wish I had that on my truck.

4. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

I'm gonna play devils advocate, but if I had a choice between a normal 75 amp alternator, a 125 amp alt, and twin 125s, I would take the 125 amp alt...easier and cheaper to fix when it kicks the bucket.

Have you thought about replacement costs?

Nice truck too :)

5. lawn king

This truck has complete coverage bumper to bumper parts and labor for 5 years or 100000 miles! The only parts not covered are belts,bulbs,wiper blades and filters.

6. lyube

lyube LawnSite Fanatic

And after that?

7. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

a rebuilt alt isnt that expensive

8. john_bud

john_bud LawnSite Member

There are lots of GM kits to add that to any Duramax. It's nice if you need lots of light! I just wish that they also had an option for battery combiners like larger boats. Then you could still start off 2 batteries, but only drain one from accessories, yet still automaticaly charge both.

jb

9. john_bud

john_bud LawnSite Member

There are GM kits to add that to any Duramax. It's nice if you need lots of light! I just wish that they also had an option for battery combiners like larger boats. Then you could still start off 2 batteries, but only drain one from accessories, yet still automaticaly charge both.

jb

10. lawn king

My trucks are used in my business, parts do need to be replaced from time to time, as they do wear out. Repairs are a normal business expense. When the time comes to replace an alternator, i buy a new one, no big deal?