Extra Income?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim Baden, May 17, 2002.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

Has anybody thought about power washing houses on the side?
    I know most of you are to busy but if you hired someone to do it that would be some really good extra money.We figured it out around here
    the average 1story house goes for
    $150,takes 1.5-2 hours to wash it.
    Figuring in insurance,wage and gas
    you would get around $100 profit per house.Just something to think about.

2. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I have a good friend that paints houses and does a lot of general home improvement projects as well. Since he has a crew of 4 he is always needing to come up with new revenue streams and pressure washing houses patios driveways and anything else he can think of is one of those additional revenue streams he goes to most often. A few summers ago he and I went to a rather large conominium compex in on eof the nicer areas of Nashville that all had agregate patios in the back and went door to door doing powerwash and seal jobs. We would clean off the patio and I would pressure wash it and go to the next one while he was knocking on doors. After lining up about 8-10 jobs and letting the water dry off the first patio he would come behind me and start sealing all of the patios with a roller. We were charging about $100-$125 per so we had a pretty good day for just trying to find something to do.