extra money

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by midtnstone, Oct 1, 2004.

1. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

i was thinking about doing parking lot painting next year right now just pricing the equipment and getting a good game plan does anybody do this or know anything about it like is it worth you time or is it good money any info wouold be great

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Who is doing the painting in your area now? Are they a company that is busy all of the time and maybe travelling a lot to maximize production?

How many parking lots do you see getting painted each year in your area? Is it possible that a street sweeping or asphault company has a better "in" to get this work? Are you going to be able to compete with good service and low overhead or are you going to be paying for more equipment that will spend most of its life sitting idle?

3. midtnstone

from mid tn

as far as i know nobody in my area does this type of work i have seen one company doing it at a wal-mart and they are from out of state most of the parking lots that i have seen are dull and faded and need this service. as for the paving companys they dont fool with this they rather spend their time making roads or paving huge parking lots. i am looking into it some more before i jump into it.

4. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

parking lot painting........what the hell does this have to do with landscaping?

5. midtnstone

from mid tn

nothing smarta** just wondering if anybody does it if you dont like the post then dont read it

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

7. midtnstone

from mid tn

thanks for the info mdirrigation