1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

extra options worth it or not

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike lane lawn care, Jun 5, 2006.

1. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

I can purchase a few optional items for my broadmoor. the one that i think is a good idea is cruise control for about $100 plus installation. i think it would come in handy for those wide open fields that take hours. the second one is more of a convienece than anything else, it is the digital information center and electronic fuel sensor for about $250, it gives you fuel level, engine temp, engine RPM, oil temp, low oil, PTO, battery level.

are any of these worth it?
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

digital information center !!
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Im not busting your balls or anything..but you really need to be looking at commercail mowers instead of up grading a garden tractor.
  4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

oh don't worry, in a few years when i expand and can justify the expense i will be purchasing a good commercial ZTR. but i should get at least 3-4 years out of this new machine before i come accross high hours and maint. issues. so i was just wondering if these upgrades that don't cost a lot are worth it to have for the next few years. thanks though.
  5. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Id rather get the Digital Display. I have cruise control on my Cub Cadet tractor and rarely use it.
  6. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a 30$ tiny-tach
  7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

You want to spend $350 on options on a garden tractor????? :laugh:

Thats like wizzin into the wind
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic