extra wire

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mark B, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys do with the wire you have left over from the jobs? IS there a easy way to skin the wire?

2. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

If you are wanting to scrap it, the best thing to do is to burn the coating off. I give my scrap wire to a local deaf/mute guy who scraps it out.

3. extlights

extlights LawnSite Senior Member

We usually take it to the recycle yard....we don't take the coating off though. In the past couple of years we get anywhere from $400-$600 for it.

4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

so far pile it up in the barn. I usually take a handful of small pieces on jobs as they come in handy sometimes.

Used some scrap 16ga to rewire the bilge pumps in the boat. Some for a friends stero system... not much else to do with it besides scrap it

5. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok how do you strip the wire. I"m not wanting to burn the coating off. I would like to find a easy way to strip the coating off.

6. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

I use all my extra wire to tie up and throw in my basement all the people who irritate me. I never have enough. Billy where's this barn at???:)

7. niteliters

niteliters LawnSite Senior Member

sleepy, try going to www.bigbuks.com
    they have those tools, give them a call for your specific need
    chris

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

At my house..Right now it serves double duty as my mower shop and storage until we get everything rebuilt from Katrina.

Has everything from Dog food to our golf cart in it now lol. No cows at the house no more they been moved to a pasture a mile away