Extracting files from winzip.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrusk, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I am getting my but kicked trying to extract my files from designoutpost in winzip.

I click select all and then press extract. I folder window comes up then. I pick the folder i want the files in and press extract. It seems to create new subfolders but my extract files arn't there.

How the heck do i do this??

Its been 2 years since i had to do this and i remember last time i had trouble too!

matt

2. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

They are there. You must be looking in the wrong folder.

Get Winzip to extract the files once again.

Then go to start and right click into explore.

The tell winzip to extract once again and use where it wants to put the files as your map in explorer. In winzip use the arrow down find C: and then follow the sub folders until you find your files.

If you files are deemed system files by your computer, and your folder options say to hide system files, then you will not see all of them, but only the exe files and maybe the inf and ini files.

If this is true, in explorer, go to your menu to tools, down to folder options and uncheck any hide file boxes, and check any boxes that say to show files.

Then go back to the extract folder and see if the files show up.

Also, when in winzip, does it tell you how many files are in the zipped file, and how many have been unzipped or extracted?

If it says zero, then you have an empty file. If it says any number then the above hopefully helps you out.

Tim